Full-Time / Salary
The Golden Tech Network Engineer will identify, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems; resolve escalated issues from support and systems engineers accordingly
- Identify, evaluate, and solve issues affecting groups of users or an entire organization; mentor others in a wide range of software and hardware applications.
- Read, understand, and apply technical information; master new computer technologies; maintain cooperative working relationships with your peers and others while demonstrating sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Provide an escalated level of support for networks, servers, and applications; high level of application and networking issues, knowing how to generate, communicate, and follow through with a plan of action.
- Self-manage your time and job through multiple steps. Attention to detail and the responsibility not to drop important details or customer requests.
- Utilize all available resources and knowledge to fix IT equipment and software that is not working properly or to customers’ expectations. Know how to research problems, including technology you are not familiar with.
- Review current IT situation if it exists and plan proper migration to new equipment and software. Installations are to our standard operating procedures where that does not conflict with the best interest of the customer. Follow the installation through to the end ensuring no components of the install are missed and all customer needs are met.
- Foster communication with the customer and their employees to strengthen trust and partnership
- Anticipate technical issues and manage customer’s expectations.
- Always be sure our work is done at a professional level in functionality and appearance.
- Process management and documentation applications are provided. It is important to keep up with the company’s documentation standards for proper issue tracking, billing and customer support.
- Be personable and empathetic to customers and their needs. Maintain a professional appearance.
- Cross Train and Mentor
- No man or woman is an island or indestructible
Must be familiar with the following:
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Scripting (PowerShell preferred)
- Firewalls, VLAN, NAT, DHCP, BOOTP, NTP
- Task Automation
Golden Tech is proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package; including vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, fitness memberships and subsidized commuting options. Additional benefits include learning and development programs, cultural wellness and more!