Full-Time / Salary
The following comprise the duties of a Golden Tech Support Technician; in short the Support Technician will focus on the technical needs of all accounts for Golden Techs’ technical department. The Support Technician will be critical for remote break/fix issues for the customer.
- Provide Tier 1 level support for computer workstations and servers; basic application and networking issues
- Field technical support calls for all of Golden’s customers
- Manage all incoming service tickets in the ticket queue and assign/fix appropriately
- Support and acknowledge customer alerts after normal business hours according to the support schedule
- Escalate support issues according to the escalation procedure
- Proactively monitor customer backup logs to ensure they are completing properly
- Perform the daily swaps of Golden’s backup tapes
- Pay attention to detail and the responsibility not to drop important details or customer requests
- Utilize all available resources and knowledge to fix IT equipment and software that is not working properly or to customers’ expectations. Know how to research problems and know when to ask for help
- Foster communication with the customer and their employees to strengthen trust and partnership
- Be prepared for onsite support when necessary
- Manage customer’s expectations.
- Be personable and empathetic to customers and their needs
- Always be sure our work is done at a professional level in functionality and appearance
- Maintain company’s documentation standards for proper issue tracking, billing and customer support
- Effectively manage time and prioritize issues so that a schedule can be established and communicated to the customers
- Recognize issues which may come down the path in the future and to plan accordingly before it becomes a fire
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds
From time to time the Support Technician will need work with Project managers to help complete project tasks. Most project responsibilities will consist of dropping off hardware, installing a small or single piece of software, etc.
- The tech must work directly with the Project Managers to keep them abreast of upcoming projects
- Be aware of all customer interaction and etiquette
- Meetings when necessary, the focus is learning from mistakes and innovation opportunities
- Cross Train and Mentor – No man or woman is an island or indestructible
- Groom up and coming technicians for succession
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with ConnectWise
- Experience with Labtech
Golden Tech is proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package; including vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, fitness memberships and subsidized commuting options. Additional benefits include learning and development programs, cultural wellness and more!